This web site might comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Turkey stuffed peppers mix floor turkey, tons of greens, and pepper jack cheese right into a satisfying and wholesome low-carb meal. Jumpstart your wholesome consuming habits with these oh-so-delicious stuffed peppers!
Although these stuffed peppers are so wholesome and low-carb, they style like consolation meals! If you happen to’re searching for extra superb keto-friendly dinners you may whip up in a snap, attempt these stuffed avocados or poblano peppers!
Turkey Stuffed Peppers Recipe
I’m at all times searching for straightforward meals which are full of taste, however discovering low-carb choices is a enormous bonus after I’m actually making an attempt to look at what I eat. These stuffed peppers are similar to my air fryer stuffed peppers, however that recipe makes use of floor beef and rice together with all the opposite substances. I do discover that including rice or quinoa to a stuffed pepper makes it extra filling, however I additionally know lots of people are looking for grain-free or low-carb recipes. That’s why I wished to create a stuffed pepper recipe that was mainly meat, cheese, and veggies.
However don’t let the simplicity of those turkey stuffed peppers idiot you! These little bites of heaven are crammed with a lot taste! They’re tacky and meaty with savory garlic and caramelized onion in every chunk. This makes it one among my favourite issues to throw collectively on busy weeknights! You’re going to like them. Particularly for those who’re searching for fast, straightforward, and cheap meals which you can work into your food plan! Discover extra low-carb, keto-friendly meal concepts right here.
A Reader’s Overview
“I simply made some Stuffed Turkey Peppers and so they turned out so scrumptious! Thanks for creating this yummy low carb possibility!”
Elements for Turkey Stuffed Peppers
You solely want a handful of easy substances to make these tasty stuffed peppers. This recipe is nice for utilizing up any leftover veggies you might need within the fridge. Be at liberty to customise your stuffing with your whole favourite mix-ins! See my ideas part under for extra concepts.
- Complete Bell Peppers: Any shade works! You can even use poblano peppers, mushrooms, or halved avocados in its place.
- Olive Oil: Used for cooking your floor turkey.
- Floor Turkey: I like utilizing darkish meat as a result of it’s extra flavorful, however white turkey meat works, too!
- Yellow Onion: Provides a scrumptious, caramelized savory taste to the stuffing.
- Garlic: You actually can’t go fallacious with minced garlic. It packs every chunk with a lot taste!
- Zucchini: This recipe is nice for utilizing up your summer season zucchini. It provides essentially the most scrumptious taste and texture to the pepper stuffing!
- Diced Tomatoes: Add candy taste and make the filling saucy.
- Salt: Enhances the general taste of your turkey stuffed peppers!
- Pepper Jack Cheese: The trace of spice that pepper jack cheese has compliments the opposite flavors on this dish completely! You can even use extra delicate varieties like cheddar or mozzarella cheese.
Tips on how to Make Turkey Stuffed Peppers
This recipe is so fast and straightforward! Floor turkey stuffed peppers are good for meal planning and nice to pack in work lunches all through the week! Because it’s full of protein and low in carbs, it’s a lunch which you can really feel nice about consuming.
- Put together Peppers: To arrange the peppers, slice the tops off and take away any veins or seeds inside. Don’t discard tops as you’ll use any remaining pepper connected to the stem.
- Pre-Bake: Add peppers to a casserole or baking dish, fill with about ½ inch of water, cowl with aluminum foil, and bake in a 425 F oven for 20 minutes to be able to steam, or parbake, the peppers till they develop into tender.
- Prepare dinner Filling: Whereas the peppers are steaming, prepare dinner the bottom turkey, onion, garlic, and any remaining pepper from the stem piece (cube in a big saute pan over medium-high warmth till the meat is crumbly, about 10-Quarter-hour. Add the diced zucchini and permit to prepare dinner for 1-2 minutes. Stir within the tomatoes. Add salt to style. Take away from warmth.
- Fill Peppers: As soon as peppers are performed, take away from oven, discard water, and return peppers to casserole dish. Fill every pepper cavity with the bottom turkey combination till all the peppers have been evenly crammed. Prime with pepper jack cheese. If making forward, retailer in hermetic container within the fridge till able to warmth and serve.
- Warmth and Serve: Return peppers to oven and prepare dinner till heated via and cheese has melted. This could solely take a couple of minutes.
Suggestions and Variations
Dishes like these are nice as a result of you may customise them with your whole favourite fillings, seasonings, and spices! I’ve added a couple of of my favourite ideas and variations under to get you began.
- Utilizing Totally different Meat: I want to make use of floor darkish meat turkey as a result of it has extra taste, however you can even use floor chicken. As a substitute of utilizing floor meat in any respect, you can even use diced cooked turkey and add it to the combination after the greens have sauteed for a bit. That may be an ideal possibility for those who’re searching for a post-holiday leftover turkey recipe. Equally, you may swap in different issues you might have available! Floor beef, sausage, and even shredded hen work simply as properly.
- Add Extra Greens: You can even change up the greens you add to your stuffed peppers. As a substitute of tomatoes you would add some baked butternut squash and sage – each of which go incredible with turkey.
- Further Seasonings: One among my favourite methods to customise the flavour of my turkey filling is so as to add in numerous seasonings! Taco seasoning, Cajun seasoning, blackened seasoning, and chili seasoning are just some of my many favorites in rotation.
How Lengthy Do Leftover Stuffed Peppers Final?
Be sure you maintain your leftovers- turkey stuffed peppers make nice lunches for you and the children!
- Within the Fridge: Retailer any leftover turkey stuffed peppers in an hermetic container for as much as 4 days.
- Within the Freezer: Whereas I don’t advocate freezing the bell peppers themselves, you may freeze the stuffing in a freezer bag for 2-3 months. Thaw within the fridge in a single day earlier than reheating.
- Reheating: You may reheat your leftover peppers within the oven at 350 levels F for 10-Quarter-hour or till warmed via. You can even pop them within the air fryer for 2-3 minutes at 360 levels F.
To arrange the peppers, slice the tops off and take away any veins or seeds inside. Don’t discard tops as you’ll use any remaining pepper connected to the stem.
Add peppers to a casserole dish, fill with about ½ inch of water, cowl with aluminum foil, and bake in a 425 F oven for 20 minutes to be able to steam, or parbake, the peppers.
Whereas the peppers are steaming, prepare dinner the bottom turkey, onion, garlic, and any remaining pepper from the stem piece (dicein a big saute pan over medium excessive warmth till the meat is crumbly, about 10-Quarter-hour. Add the diced zucchini and permit to prepare dinner for 1-2 minutes. Stir within the tomatoes. Add salt to style. Take away from warmth.
As soon as peppers are performed, take away from oven, discard water, and return peppers to casserole dish. Fill every pepper cavity with the bottom turkey filling till all the peppers have been evenly crammed. Prime with pepper jack cheese. If making forward, retailer in hermetic container within the fridge till able to warmth and serve.
Return peppers to oven and prepare dinner till heated via and cheese has melted. This could solely take a couple of minutes.
Up to date on September 2, 2022
Energy332kcal (17%)Carbohydrates15g (5%)Protein36g (72%)Fats15g (23%)Saturated Fats6g (30%)Ldl cholesterol87mg (29%)Sodium373mg (16%)Potassium956mg (27%)Fiber4g (16%)Sugar9g (10%)Vitamin A4192IU (84%)Vitamin C172mg (208%)Calcium265mg (27%)Iron3mg (17%)
All dietary info is predicated on third get together calculations and is just an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will fluctuate relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.